WDRT is Hiring!
The Membership & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for leading WDRT’s listener-sponsored fundraising program and organizing outreach efforts. They are also a member of the staff collective, which provides for the overall management of WDRT.
- Coordinate pledge drives and listener-sponsored fundraising efforts
- Coordinate membership program, including renewals and premiums
- Develop and maintain sustained giving, major donors and planned giving programs
- Provide effective communication and engagement with donors
- Produce and distribute fundraising materials
- Develop and execute a long-range approach toward listener cultivation
- Coordinate community outreach and engagement activities
- Have a helpful, supportive presence at the station
- Assist volunteers, as-needed
Management & Planning
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Coordinate and participate in Working Groups
- Develop Annual Plans to guide work
- Participate in Budgeting, Organizational Development and Long-Term Planning
- Relevant experience coordinating nonprofit fundraisers
- Experience with community outreach
- Proficiency with G-Suite, Office, social media and graphic design software
- Strong management skills, initiative, and ability to work both independently and cooperatively; ability to be self-directed
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- General office and administrative skills
- Friendly and approachable disposition towards a diverse base of community members
- Willingness to be on the air for fundraising, and to learn basic radio troubleshooting
- Ability to work outside of regular office hours for pledge drives and outreach events
- Experience in non-commercial broadcasting
- Experience working closely with volunteers
- Understanding of basic business operations, including budgets and customer relations
- Skills with copy and content editing
Benefits and compensation
The Membership & Outreach Coordinator works in a self-directed, cooperative office environment. Other benefits include a flexible schedule, paid lunch and paid time off. There is also ample opportunity for professional development and growth. Compensation for this 22 hour per week position is $19/hour.
With over 100 regular volunteers and a dedicated listener base, WDRT has established itself as a grassroots community media hub serving the Driftless Region of southwest Wisconsin. Viroqua is a thriving rural community with a vibrant local culture and great quality of life in an area surrounded by an abundance of natural beauty.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2023.